BRITISH TYRE MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION : BRITISH TYRE
British tyre manufacturers association : 13 tyres price : Part worn tyres hastings
British Tyre Manufacturers Association
- (Tyre manufacturing) Pneumatic tires are manufactured according to relatively standardized processes and machinery, in around 450 tire factories in the world. Over 1 billion tires are manufactured annually, making the tire industry the majority consumer of natural rubber.
- A connection or cooperative link between people or organizations
- (often in names) A group of people organized for a joint purpose
- a formal organization of people or groups of people; "he joined the Modern Language Association"
- A plant community defined by a characteristic group of dominant plant species
- the act of consorting with or joining with others; "you cannot be convicted of criminal guilt by association"
- the state of being connected together as in memory or imagination; "his association of his father with being beaten was too strong to break"
- The British (also known as Britons, informally Brits, or archaically Britishers) are citizens of the United Kingdom, of the Isle of Man, one of the Channel Islands, or of one of the British overseas territories, and their descendants.
- the people of Great Britain
- The Britons (sometimes Brythons or British) were the Celtic people living in Great Britain from the Iron Age through the Early Middle Ages.Koch, pp. 291–292. They spoke the Insular Celtic language known as British or Brythonic.
- Of or relating to Great Britain or the United Kingdom, or to its people or language
- Of the British Commonwealth or (formerly) the British Empire
US Tire designer Nancy Schoonover, 1962
Photograph by Robert Huntzinger. This bizarre photograph fascinates me - not quite sure what the phtographer's intent was, other than perhaps to suggest an awful lot of stereotypes about women and curves, work, etc. I find it hard to believe she actually posed for this shot but if it's a composite it's a good one.
According to the article in The Saturday Evening Post, 26-year old Schoonover was the only tyre designer in the USA at the time. She had a talent for mathematics and won a scholarship to Smith College. Working part-time in the college library she supplemented her grant, but apparently this still wasn't enough to allow her to go on weekend trips with other, more well-heeled female colleagues. When she could afford it, she would spend a weekend at Yale.
Her graduation coincided with tire manufacturer BF Goodrich needing an expert mathematician. In 1962 she was driving a sports car and dating another tire designer. She had already designed 50 new aircraft tyres. She had 35 pairs of shoes.
That's what it said...
Big Brother is Watching You
It is the driver's responsibility to ensure that the tread on their tyres is not worn beyond the legal minimum limit of 1.6 millimetres. To make this easier to identify, tyre manufacturers mould tread wear indicators (T.W.I) into the design of the tyres tread pattern usually at a tread level of 1.6mm.
The government has set up a new enforcement agency to check motorist's tyres comply with the law. They are using cutting edge technology in the form of nano robots disguised as flies. Get out there now and check your tyres before the flies do.
motorbike tyre size
tyre size conversion table
car tire dollies
part worn tyres north east
wholesale wheel and tire packages
canadian tire commercial link
tire machine and balancer
vancouver tire dealers
aggressive atv tires
kauffman tire alpharetta